This year's McAuley Cup Regatta is slated for December 9, 2018.
The sailing instructions is comprised of information in the Notice of Race, the instructions in RRS Appendix S, Standard Sailing Instructions, and Supplementary Sailing Instructions. There are links to these documents and other US Sailing prescriptions that pertain to the regatta to the right/or below.
The regatta is open to all Laser Standard, Radial, Laser 4.7 and JC-9 classes. Eligible boats may enter by completing the Entry Form and Waiver and sending it, together with the required fee, to either Laser or JC-9 Fleet Captain by 11:00 December 9. The fees are: Regatta Entry $25, and McAuley Dinner and Awards Buffet $20.95 on Sunday Night.
The schedule of events are as follows:
• Registration: Saturday, 12/9, From 11:00 to 12:00
• Skippers Meeting in Jr. Sailin Room: Saturday, 12/9 at 12:00
• Harbor Start is at 12:30
• The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race is 13:00.
• Lasers will race only on Sunday
• Maximum number of races for the series: Lasers up to 7.
• On the last scheduled day of racing no warning signal will be made after 15:30
• After sailing there will be a Cocktail Party followed by the John McAuley Memorial Dinner & Awards Buffet.
Low Point Scoring will be used for the Regatta, with one throw out after 5 races have been sailed. Trophies will be awarded for first, second and third place in each fleet. Additional prizes will be awarded to specific competitors based on other categories.
The JC-9s will sail inside of Glen Island and the Lasers will south of Goose Island